Saturday, January 13, 2018

Unrestrained


Unrestrained
by: Jewel Shaw
Barret Traditional Middle School

The Beginning-
I first heard about this project from my computer teacher, Mr. Rogers. I knew I wanted to do it when he said "Digital Art." Sure, I had never done digital art before then, at least not seriously. Besides how would I manage something decent with just a mouse and desktop? I was very tempted to give up after hearing about it before Winter Break. I did still love art and I wanted to try.

The Drawing Process-
I received about $300 for Christmas and decided straight away to buy a Wacom medium sized drawing tablet to connect to my desktop. The next question was; What do I draw? It's always hard finding inspiration... until you look to yourself. I wanted to draw a girl that represented a lot about me and a bit about others. Hair covers her eyes because she is shy. Her emotional sadness is hidden by a soft smile. Her tattoo represents religious freedom and the bracelets are to show homosexuality. I first drew the base and then cleaned it up before coloring her with a cover pen and a a spray brush for the background.

Afterthoughts-
-->
Afterwards, I realized how much practice I'll need to really get good at this digital art thing. I also should do more background work. I never have drawn background before, it's a pretty hard task for me. Drawing on real paper with normal media is much easier than drawing on a tablet with Core Paint Essentials software. I surely will keep practicing and working hard at art that I love.

designed by Jewel Shaw
created 2018




No comments:

Post a Comment